Cell phones are the vital need for every individual of today’s generation. And like previous times it’s not just a device that helps to communicate with the people through calls and text messages but is so much more than this. Especially with the availability of the internet which makes the ‘simple phones’ a ‘smartphone’ has its own pros and cons. One can now pay their bills online, access the internet banking, shop through e-commerce websites, stay connected with their near and dear ones on the social platforms and can anytime chat with them on WhatsApp, facebook, line, viber etc..
Now along with these benefits this small device at the same time can be be loaded with a powerful mechanism of spy software that can monitor you 24/7. And this is one of the fearful factors that majorly everybody wants to discover! Does my smartphone has a spy software? Am I under surveillance through my own mobile device? All these questions makes a person worried especially because of his/her stored personal details that might get mishandled by an unknown person.
However the cell phone monitoring software works in the hidden mode and hence it is difficult to discover that whether the phone is equipped with the monitoring software or not. Therefore, In this article I will be outlining the details and signs with which you can check if your phone is installed with a cell phone monitoring software or not. If yes, then you can keep on reading to learn How to remove the spy software and also How to Secure your cell phone.
Either Android or iPhone these following tips will work for both the platforms. As many of the information and data is shared via our mobile devices only hence it’s crucial to know that a bug called cell phone monitoring software is not planted onto your phone and the information mustn’t get a hold on by any stranger.
Is Your Mobile Phone Being Monitored?
It’s been long that I’m connecting with the cell phone monitoring software. And it always leave me flabbergasted with the new features that all the big companies keep adding with a very reasonable subscription packages. It’s always a good idea to first get familiar with the product that you’re opposing because knowing it will better comprehend you the ways with which it can be avoided. Therefore, you should check out the following reviews – mSpy review, FlexiSpy, Mobistealth, Highster Mobile.
I understand that finding a spy software onto your smartphone can be annoying and the fear of losing your confidential data is another big issue that every business person is afraid of. Infact people in general keep saving so many private stuff like pictures, videos, chats and text messages which they do not wish to be shared with anyone or revealed by any means. Hence to keep it all safe there are certain ways with which you can spot the spy app into your Android or iPhone.
Detecting Cell Phone Spy Software
The below listed are the 6 basic signs that would let you discover if your smartphone is stationed with a cell phone monitoring software or not. Although these indications could relate with other mobile problems as well but you will have to closely monitor the transformations held in your mobile phone.
There are spy applications that work flawlessly and only the experts or tech savvy users can catch it. But if you can relate with many of the mentioned points then perhaps it’s a cause for your concern.
1. Anomalous Phone Behavior – If you notice any unusual behaviour in your mobile phone such as – home screen light suddenly lits up even when not in use or it makes some strange noise every time you take a phone call or abruptly gets switched off.Although all these indications can occur if the signal is weak or the phone’s battery is weak but if it is frequently happening then it might be possible that your phone is installed with some clandestine or hidden software.
2. Drained Battery – There are fair chances that some of the installed applications like games etc. can use much of your phone’s battery. One way out is to analyse the usage of your phone. If using a particular game app is what is draining the battery then you must uninstall that application to avoid it. Besides uninstalling the app if you observe the same problem then your suspicions may prove to be correct. The good quality spy software vendors make a point that the battery usage is minimal and thus it’s hard to locate it but there are cheap software that uses it to the maximum. Please note that over a period of time the phone’s battery life gets decreased so no need to worry in that case.
3. Phone Close down – If your smartphone is fully charged and even then it gets halt or shutdown then presume that your phone has some bug or the spy software that is planted in your phone has some major glitch.
4. Constant Background Noise – This is one of the most common signs of a weak signal but if you’ve been experiencing it on regular basis then it could be just another sign to be considered.The sound can be a beep or a click or multiple voices in the background. There are spy software that renders the call listening and recording feature. Some of them provide the call conferencing feature which more likely to cause all these noises.
5. Getting Abnormal Texts – Text messages that consists of the characters, symbols or numbers are constantly popping up especially at regular intervals then it might be possible that the text messages alert is being used to command the features like block the app, phone number or contact. Mark the restricted area on the maps to get an alert if you visit the red marked area. All these aspects are remotely controlled via the spy software’s control panel. Another probable reason can be that the monitoring app is having some glitch that causes to abruptly send such messages.
6. Increased Mobile Data Usage – If the normal range of the data is getting increased then it could be another convinced clue of having the monitoring application onto your phone. It is because the spy software server uses the mobile data or WiFi to get the required information and data uploaded onto their server first and thereafter it can be available for the user to view it on their online spy account. To check the data usage you can use the My Data Manager app for Android and Data Usage for iPhone.
Like I explained previously that the good and genuine spy products will make it harder for you to quickly spot the monitoring app with these mentioned signals. Yet there are poor quality software that will definitely show these signs and will let you uncover about the existence of the bug on your smartphone. The second-rate and imperfect spy software solutions are cheap and hence majority of people try with the low rated apps to check its credibility. Hence there are bright chances that you can locate these spy apps onto your phone, if any.
Although there are few users who select the good, top-notch and genuine spy apps to actually monitor their children and employees. The worried and anxious parents, employers utmostly use the monitoring software to get benefitted in their business by increasing its productivity and safeguarding their children’s future.
How to Check for Spy Software on an iPhone?
You’ll be glad to know that it’s easy to spot the spy app on an iPhone. As the installation of any third party application be it games or the spy app requires a jailbreak. If you’ve not done it yourself then it’s a clear sign that someone has clutched your iPhone and jailbreaked it to install the spy app onto it. To discover this you should look for the Installer app icon on your homescreen. There are other apps called Cydia and Icy that can be looked for in the phone to get assured that the iPhone is jailbroken.
Although the developers of the spy software has made it tough to locate the signs for these apps. But one can try harder to track down these applications. Another conventional method to follow is to keep an eye on the apps that aren’t available in the app store yet installed onto your phone confirms of the jailbreak.
Unlike Android it’s not that easy to run through the iPhone directories to remove the spy software. Therefore the easiest way to recover it is to simply update an iPhone with the latest software version [upgrade OS]. Done via the iTunes will help remove the spy app and automatically restore the factory settings which means that the jailbreak will be removed too. But before upgrading the phone make sure that you take the backup of the important data.
iPhone Spying – Without Jailbreaking
This is another way to get assured that your iPhone is carrying a spy software. As there are many spy software vendors that do not have a non jailbreak solution for the iPhone users. Hence to install the spy app onto the target’s iPhone the initial step is to jailbreak it. This is a mandatory process to be carried out. Without jailbreak this third party application called spy app cannot be installed. Please note that the Jailbreak is not a software, it’s a process that is carried out to set an iPhone free from the imposed limitations set by Apple.
However there are companies like mSpy, FlexiSpy that provide a solution for the iPhone monitoring without jailbreak. This process gathers the information from the iCloud backup. But in comparison to the jailbreak process the non jailbreak version cannot get hold on to much information. Yet one must keep the strong iCloud passwords and make a habit of not sharing it with anyone else.
Advanced Steps – Check Your Phone’s Directories
This section is useful for the users who don’t feel they’re technically challenged. For all the ones who can handle the things technically can try out the following methods to stay informed about your smartphones status. The phone’s directory files will give you the best and clear clues for any kind of tweaks made onto your smartphone. All you have to do is to look deeply into the folders and files and spot the document named with spy or stealth.
It’s plausible that the installer app is not deleted and hence can be found somewhere in these folders. The experts foremostly select this way to get known about the presence of spy app onto the smartphone. Unfortunately not every person is good with their technical skills and thereby uncomfortable with this method.
As far as I have observed that nobody randomly starts finding this app onto their phones unless they’re suspicious about their phones behaviour. And thereafter majority of people try the above mentioned methods and get through their way. Infact there are so many people who haven’t heard about such applications ever. They can never think of getting monitored by someone that too through a cell phone monitoring software. And this is the plain reason that none of them tries to get into technicalities.
So, if you have any doubt that your phone does have a spy app planted on it then you can follow the next article on How to Remove Spy Software from your Phone followed by the How to Secure your Cell Phone.
Have Knowledge Of The Spy Apps!
Lastly I hope that the above piece of article is helpful for you to get your hands on the spy software. But I would like to mention that the cell phone monitoring software is rapidly improving on its security and quality measures thus making it difficult for a layman to get hit on the spot. So, one has to be pro while looking for the monitoring software onto their smartphones.
Keep practicing the above mentioned steps to stay safe and secure your smartphone from any dangers. Knowing about such wondrous technology solutions can be a good start to let yourself get aware. Reading more about it will certainly help you to know the measures of keeping it on the bay. You can also check out more articles such as [Ref. Article Name]. Although it consists of a story by a worried parent who’s trying to keep tabs on his teenager through a child monitoring mobile software.